Barcelona , 29 d'octubre de 1970
He studied at the Escola Municipal de Música of Barcelona with Ll. Millet and A. Argelaga (solfeig and music theory), E. Morera (harmony), and M. Viscasillas and J. Massià (violin), finishing his studies with the extraordinary prize in 1933 for his performance of Concerto in B minor by Paganini-Manén. After the Spanish Civil War he was appointed teacher at the Escolania de Montserrat, concertino of the Orquestra Municipal of Barcelona and the orchestra of the Gran Teatre del Liceu. He was part of the Quartet de Corda de Barcelona and the Quartet d'Instruments d'Arc, with whom he performed the first complete performance of the Beethoven quartets in Barcelona in 1948. In 1951 he received the Joan Manén prize.