Barcelona , 5 de febrer de 1962
In addition to studying with his father, he studied piano with J. Pellicer and F. Marshall and composition with J. Rabentós and B. Gàlvez. In the 1920s he was a performer of the Orquestra Simfònica de Barcelona, musical director of a piano roll company (1922-25) and percussionist at the Banda Municipal of Barcelona (1926). In 1930 he was appointed conductor of the Orquestra Simfònica de Girona and in 1932, assistant conductor of the Banda Municipal. He was member of the Independent Composers of Catalonia and took part in the International Festival of Contemporary Music (1936). In 1939 he was exiled to Valencia, where he served as assistant conductor of the Orquestra Municipal (1943-47). In 1950 he was able to return to Barcelona, and worked first in Ràdio Barcelona and in 1956 as assistant conductor of the Orquestra Municipal next to Toldrà. As a composer he had a varied catalogue including band transcriptions and soundtracks, in addition to compositions such as Simfonia catalana (1950) and the opera La cabeza del dragón (1939) premiered at Liceu. He also wrote pedagogical works.